As Winter approaches, we agree with John Boswell, who described Winter as “ . . . a lingering season . . . a time to gather golden moments.” Here’s 5 reasons why you will gather golden moments with a Winter stay in the heart of Dorset.
1. The Countryside - Let’s start with our wonderful natural asset, the countryside. From the spectacular Blackmore Vale to the Cerne Abass giant, we are situated in the heart of one of the most beautiful counties in England. Our Seven Heavenly Walks booklet will point the way to some fabulous Winter walking. Take your time on a crisp Winter morning, knowing there’s a warm welcome waiting back at The Fox.
2. Dog friendly - If you are worried about leaving the dog(s) back home, then don’t! We love dogs here and are proud of our reputation as Dorset’s most dog-friendly destination. She can stay in the room with you, and there are bowls of water and dog biscuits at the bar. But our crowning glory is our brand-new Doggy Wetroom, complete with shower, grooming table and dog dryer to clean up after your muddy ramble!
3. Accommodation - we pride ourselves on our deluxe but cosy accommodation. All our rooms have en-suite facilities making it a comfortable, stylish stay at our historic Inn.
4. Seasonal Menu - here in the heart of Dorset we are blessed with an abundance of locally-sourced food, which we put together in our varied seasonal menu served in the restaurant, ensuring good, hearty food that will tempt the choosiest of palettes, whilst also providing more traditional pub grub if that’s your fancy. And don’t forget our Winter Warmer Sunday Carvery - famed County-wide!
5. Getting Away From It All - switch off your electronic devices and share some magic moments with your nearest and dearest, right in the heart of an idyllic Winter landscape. You’ll be glad you gathered some golden moments when you stay at the Fox Inn at Ansty.
The team from the Fox Inn Ansty.
How to find us...
The Fox Inn, Ansty, Dorchester, Dorset
DT2 7PN - Click here for Google Map
Tel: 01258 880328
Click for our Enquiry Form & Email
Our Usual Opening Hours:
Hotel: Check-in - 3.00pm Check-out: 10.00am
Monday to Saturday: 12.00am - 11.00pm
Sunday: 12.00am - 11.00pm
Carvery: Sundays - 12.00pm until 3.00pm
Afternoon Teas: Mon to Fri 3 to 6pm, Sun 4 to 6pm
Food Served: 12 to 2.30pm and 6 to 9pm
Breakfasts are served each morning from 8.00am to 9.30am. We will cater for non-residents.