We all know how it goes. New Year’s resolutions are made at a time of year when hope springs eternal, when the world is bright and new (okay, wet and new) and the possibilities for change seem definitely . . . probably within reach.
So we share with our nearest and dearest our wishes and goals and they repeat theirs back to us and we all proceed with a bullish sense of determination. Gym clubs up and down the country know this and make their best offers at this time of year. As do numerous slimming operations. They’ll take your dollar for a year’s worth of gym time and you will work out that if you go three times a week it comes out at £1.50 a throw, which is an absolute bargain!
Sadly, in March, when your visits are down to one a month (if you can be arsed) each visit will now be costing around £45.
Is it only people that make and break resolutions? We got to wondering if your dog is secretly willing him or herself to be a better dog by making some resolutions of their own. So, in the spirit of the times, here’s a few they might be contemplating:
1. I resolve, when wet, to shake myself dry OUTSIDE the house, car, pub rather than just after I get inside.
2. I resolve, as a white-haired dog, not to roll in any other business (you know what I mean) which is invariably never white.
3. I resolve to sleep in until my human does, regardless of my strong urge to go into the garden and stand there for ten minutes doing pretty much nothing at all.
4. I resolve to let somebody else near the most convenient heat source in any given room/house.
5. I resolve to bark only when the situation demands it, and not merely for fun at, say, other dogs in other cars.
Your dog will, we are sure, start with the best of intentions, fully intending to become a better, more responsible dog. And of course they will fail. Just like we do.
Best just accept ourselves and our dogs for who we are! Happy New Year!
The team from the Fox Inn Ansty.
How to find us...
The Fox Inn, Ansty, Dorchester, Dorset
DT2 7PN - Click here for Google Map
Tel: 01258 880328
Click for our Enquiry Form & Email
Our Usual Opening Hours:
Hotel: Check-in - 3.00pm Check-out: 10.00am
Monday to Saturday: 12.00am - 11.00pm
Sunday: 12.00am - 11.00pm
Carvery: Sundays - 12.00pm until 3.00pm
Afternoon Teas: Mon to Fri 3 to 6pm, Sun 4 to 6pm
Food Served: 12 to 2.30pm and 6 to 9pm
Breakfasts are served each morning from 8.00am to 9.30am. We will cater for non-residents.